"With the Mayan Calendar ending and superstitiously the world, we wanted to remind you of a beer release.
As the latest and last beer in the vaunted apocalypse series, Doom Golden Treacle Pale Ale will soon be upon you. But instead of performing a quick ‘copy – paste’ from a prepared Press Release, we thought we would allow - Dick Cantwell"
Well here it is. The last beer of the series. I think I have reviewed most of them, but not all unfortunately. A few I just never saw where I have been purchasing them before. I found this one at my local New Seasons.
- This is a pretty simple looking beer. Clear copper, lightly bubbly, quick fizzling white head. A slight ring and spotty thin foam is left to rest.
- This brew has a light honey-sweet aroma, and a biscuity malt presence. There are some serious hops going on as well. Reminiscent of Widmers Drifter, it has quite the skunky grapefruit grassy hop profile. Quite good really. Not mush as far as the raisins go.
- This puppy is good, and very well balanced. Nice crisp sweet and biscuity malt with a big grapefruit and grassy hop kick. Light fruit and a grape presence is noticed. Big bite from the hops. This has got to be one of the better of the series in my opinion.
Mouth Feel: (3.5)
- Not at all syrupy really, and medium bodied. Well carbonated and quite cloying and drying. Certainly leaves the mouth parched after a load of this beers bitterness.
- Super good, super bitter, and super balanced. This beer doesn't bend too far away from the usual, but did it just right without going overboard with the syrup and raisins. The hops are super good in this beer, and drinking it is very easy. Go get it if you can.
4.03/5 rDev +4.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5
BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale