"It’s been 25 years since we brewed up our first batch of beer and to celebrate we have crafted “25,” a pale doppelbock to celebrate this special occasion: the brewery’s 25th anniversary. The Full Sail crew invites you to join us in toasting to “25” in Hood River on September 27, 2012 at our Tasting Room & Pub at 5:00pm. At 6:00pm the celebration will continue with a toast and tapping of “25” and a showcase of Full Sail beers at Portland’s iconic Horse Brass Pub, a place that helped nurture and grow craft beer and Full Sail for the last 25 years."
- Looks like a lightly carbonated Full Sail Amber Ale. Clear, clear ring of off-white foam in my Full Sail Pint Glass, and trace dusted foam which seems to sit, undisturbed. Overall not a bad look, but nothing pops. No thick rich head or creaminess in the look.
- Very light aromas.. not much in it, but I get the sense this is hiding its glory. Nice sweet malts, bready notes, and a crisp backing. Simple, yet smooth in aroma. Light brown sugars, caramel, and esters from the malt. Not bad.
- There it is. The flavor and profile shines through in the taste. I was kind of expecting that. Low alcohol flavors in a super smooth tasting sweet malt lager. Really nice esters, caramel, brown sugar, and an overall bready and grainy malt. This tastes super good, and dangerously smooth.
Mouth Feel: (4.5)
- This is a nicely carbonated brew, which seems to possibly be brewed with their house lager yeast? It's lightly creamy on the palate, and drinks extremely well. It's a touch chewy and cloying, but there is not any big dryness to it at all. The bitterness balances it and makes it a super drinkable beer.
- Doesn't look special, and really doesn't smell special. But when you drink this puppy, you know it is one to start with, and finish with because it is a super good work of art. Spot on style? Maybe not. Taste like a Full Sail beer? Bet many wouldn't guess it in a blind taste. Good beer? Really good, smooth, and tasty. I could down many of these, and if I downed more, I would get into a little trouble. Though price doesn't affect my score, this is a real treat for a really great price. Grab them up. Not one to age, but one to drink.
3.9/5 rDev +0.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4
(BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale)