Friday, August 3
Beer Review: Full Sail Brewing Berliner Weiss (Brewers Share)
Beer information here: FullSailBrewing.com
I have learned to really dig this classic and light wheat-style beer in the last couple of years or so. I especially like the really funky and slightly tart ones. Let's see if this Full Sail Brew hit a home run with this one. It took me a while to finally sit down and review this one.
- Pours a light clear straw yellow brew with a very light finger of white head that has quickly settled to a medium sized sticky ring of lace, and a light dusting sitting over the brew. Overall a bit average. Not cloudy at all.
- This brew has a big Full Sail signature grainy brew aroma. Very bready, light cinnamon, biscuit, light grassy hop, and overall smells kind of like their pale ale. Perhaps brewed with the house yeast?
- At least the taste makes up for the aroma. This is actually a nice light drinking, light bittered, and rather perfectly 'tarted' Berliner Weisse. The aroma is reminiscent of their pale ale, but the flavor kind of turns the other way. A nice drinker for sure, and a nice hit for the summer. Wish I could get a 12-pack of cans like this for about $12. That's me just dreaming though.
Mouth Feel: (3.5)
- It's a bubbly light bodied drinker, and perhaps just a touch too bubbly for my taste and for my favorites of this style. It's a tiny bit drying because it seems to be a little more hopped than the like, and a little chewy even. Not bad.
- It's a solid beer for sure, and I like the tartness to it. It's not soured by any means, but contains that nice lemon-like zingy flare with a nice grainy wheat edge. Good representation of the style, though I would love to see it unfiltered and ready for a dash of syrup perhaps?
3.63/5 rDev +4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5
(BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale)
Posted by Brewmance at 9:35 PM