Tuesday, August 14
Beer Review: Bridgeport Brewing Witch Hunt Spiced Harvest Ale
The first this year of my Fall ale reviews... Bridgeport will be releasing some new brews and I especially look forward to one that will be out in about a month following this.
- Dark molasses brown, very clear, and very low carbonation. A quick fizzling head of off-white leaves but a trace over the brew, and a tiny ring in the glass. Fitting though for the style.. to a point.
- Nice sweet caramel and molasses notes with a nice earthy and grassy hop character. The cinnamon and nutmeg shine through just perfectly. Seems like a drinker to me.
- Nice caramel and light toffee flavors and certainly a grassy and earthy hop flare with a nice zesty little bite. The cinnamon and nutmeg play very well with the rest of the ingredients, creating a very nicely balanced, and tasty brew. Certainly worth the try.
Mouth Feel: (3.5)
- Medium to light bodied, bubbly carbonation, and a little chewy and drying.. a touch cloying really. Not bad, and the hops certainly do dry this number up a little.
- This is a solid above average Fall seasonal. It doesn't really bang in any particular category, it just is what it is... a solid tasty drinkable seasonal brew.
3.58/5 rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5
(BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale)
Posted by Brewmance at 10:47 PM