Stone Brewing Co. Brewmaster Mitch Steele is heading up to PDX for several stellar events to celebrate Portland Beer Week, taking place from June 7-17. Now in its second year, Portland Beer Week embraces the glory of craft beer through special beer pairing dinners, tastings, pint nights, educational seminars, and meet-the-brewer events at area bars, restaurants and other locations throughout Portland.
Tuesday, June 12 | 6:30pm
- Five-course beer pairing dinner prepared by renowned chef John Gorham
- House Made "Slim Jim" with Sharp Cheddar, paired with Stone Smoked Porter w/ Chipotle Peppers
- Butter Lettuce Salad with Pancetta Tesa & Avocados, paired with Stone Cali-Belgique IPA
- Barley Soup with House Made Buttermilk Cheese, paired with Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale
- Roast Piglets with Creamed Chilies, paired with Stone 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale
- Chocolate Almond Affogato, paired with 2012 Stone Imperial Russian Stout
Wednesday, June 13 | 3-5pm
- An informal meet and greet with Stone Brewing Co. Brewmaster Mitch Steele, Charles Porter of Logsdon Organic Farmhouse Ales, Jack Harris of Fort George Brewery, Dave Buhler of Elysian Brewing Company, and longtime NW brewmaster John Harris, who's in the process of opening his own brewery.
- Each brewer will bring one beer; Stone will be pouring Stone IPA Double Dry Hopped w/ Motueka Hops
Wednesday, June 13 | 6-9pm
- A discussion on barrel aged beer, led by a panel of brewing experts that includes Mitch Steele, Brewmaster at Stone Brewing Co., Matt Van Wyk from Oakshire Brewing, Ben Edmunds of Breakside Brewery, and Doug Rehberg of Widmer Brothers Brewing.
- Attendees can sample from multiple extremely rare barrel-aged beers from each brewer. Stone Brewing Co.'s selections are:
- 2008 Stone Imperial Russian Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- Green Flash / Pizza Port Carlsbad / Stone Highway 78 Scotch Ale Aged in Glenlivet Scotch Whisky Barrels
- 2010 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine Aged in Bourbon Barrels
ABOUT STONE BREWING CO.
Stone Brewing Co. was founded in 1996 by Steve Wagner and Greg Koch in North County San Diego, CA. It is the 11th largest craft brewery in the United States and has been named "All-Time Top Brewery on Planet Earth" by BeerAdvocate magazine - TWICE! A recently announced $50M+ expansion plan (that includes a hotel among other lofty ventures) is underway, as are developments to become the first American craft brewery to open a brewhouse in Europe. Visit stonebrew.com for more information.