"Available in 22oz. Bottles and on Draft, Seasonally from January 1st to March 1st
- First Brewed: 2012
- Starting Gravity:
- Bitterness: 38 IBUs
- Alcohol %: 5.9
- Malt: 2 Row, Baird Chocolate, Briess 2 Row CaraPils, Flaked Barley, Weyermann CaraHell, Weyermann Carafa III, Baird Roast Barley, Crisp 77
- Hops: German Northern Brewer, Horizon, Sterling"
- Rich solid colored dark brown porter. Couple fingers of fluffy light light mocha tan head.. settles to a thin spotty creamy blanket, and leaves some lacing all about the glass.
- Very roasty in smell, lots of biscuity and sharp grain, light chocolate, and light bitter coffee notes. Surprisingly quite hoppy with very earthy, grassy, and herbal notes. Smells like this may be quite bitter.
- Indeed it is a very bitter porter, and it is also very good. I love the bitter grassy hops and how zesty bitter it is. Not a very sweet chocolatey malt bill, but more a zesty, crisp, and refreshing porter. I really dig the flavors here. Husky grains with only some light cocoa and coffee. Big resinous hops and earthy flare.
Mouth Feel: (3.5)
- Light to medium bodied, and very well carbonated. Bitter dry and a slight bit cloying. Leaves the tongue quite dry for sure. Not an overly creamy porter or sweet porter at all, but more so thinner like an IPA.
- This is a very interesting porter. It is almost more like a CDA. Very bitter and hoppy.. but not on the aroma and finishing end. Light sweetness, but more like a dark lager. Overall it is very crisp and refreshing, and is the kind of beer that would snap you out of a non-drinking kind of mood.
3.75/5 rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5
BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale