Friday, December 23
Beer Review: Maritime Pacific Jolly Roger Yo-Ho-Ho Christmas Ale (2010)
Grabbed this bomber at By The Bottle.. seems to be an aged 2010 release. Only downside for me so far was some mold around the base of the cap. It did however crack with a hiss and it seems to smell ok.
- Very lightly cloudy brown. Finger and a half of light tan head.. settled to some lace, and a very thin solid layer above the brew. Overall somewhat average.
- Light caramel, and bready malt. Somewhat sweet, and has a deep rich earthiness.. light spice. Overall light in scent, and seems silky sweet.
- Sweet caramel malt, light spice, and molasses.. brown sugar and grassy herbal hop. Hops are not big, though this seems to be an aged bottle. It is rather smooth, sweet, and overall decent.
Mouth Feel: (4.0)
- This beer kind of shines here.. it is medium bodied, lightly carbonated which seems perfect for its creamy smooth body. Little chewy and cloying. Overall an easy drinker.
- It's a solid beer, and I wonder what a fresh 2011 release would taste like. Perhaps more bitter and hoppy. But this cellared number seems nice and smooth.. and certainly has some nice character in its malt and spice.
3.45/5 rDev -9.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5
BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale
Posted by Brewmance at 8:53 PM