Monday, December 26
Beer Review: Gilgamesh Brewing Ridgeway IPA
Received a lovely 1 liter flip-top bottle filled with this lovely brew from my good cousins who reside in the area of this brewery. Since they are buds with one of the assistant brewers, I see I am going to have to work some magic to try and get some more goodies from them, and make a nice travel over as well which I should have anyway none the less.
100+ IBU 6.5% ABV
Dominated by citrus and pine flavors, this reddish beer features three of our favorite hops (Columbus, Simcoe, and Amarillo) added every minute for an hour during the brewing process. The three pounds of hops per barrel forge a well-balanced, full range of hoppiness, in this medium body brew."
- Pours a rather dark amber color with subtle off-white bubbly head which has settled to a nice small ring, and large island of thin foam on top. The brew is slightly cloudy, and could really almost pass as an amber. Not bad.
- This brew smells fantastic. Lovely herbal and grassy citrus hops. Pine resin, and a great grain quality that reminds me a little of a Full Sail brew. Almost has a slight pipe tobacco essence to it as well without really being a bad trait.
- Nice pine and earthy bitterness. Bready and biscuit grain really balance this puppy out. This must be a mad yeast much like what Full Sail uses.. some serious closeness to the Hop Pursuit from them. One of my favorites. This beer really touches on my taste for beer.. crisp, clean and refreshing. This could be a regular for me.
Mouth Feel: (3.5)
- Little drying from its great bitterness. Slightly chewy, and a rather light to medium body. Well carbonated, and very easy to drink. Clean character.
- Love this beer. The hop profile is just what I like, and so is the grain bill. Both blend extremely well with one another to create a fantastic beer. This is a refillable bottle i am reviewing from, and I can't really imagine it being any better fresh from the tap, but I will have to find out.
4.25/5 rDev +12%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5
BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale
2953 Ridgeway Dr SE Turner, Oregon, 97392
Posted by Brewmance at 5:54 PM