Monday, November 14
Beer Review: Pelican 2011 Bad Santa CDA
Grabbed a bomber at Northwest Liquid Gold here is Vancouver for about $4.52.
- Nice super dark brown brew with a very beautiful slow forming 3 fingers of thick light tan head.. lacing all over and a thin pillow left for your upper lip. Great looking beer.
- Grainy smell.. bread, light alcohol aromas. Subtle sweet dark chocolate smell as well perhaps with a bitter grassy and earthy hop. Scent is a tad subdued.
- Roasty light bready grain, light chocolate flare. Not overly sweet at all, and has a nice grassy and herbal hop presence. Quite good. Light alcohol presence detected. Light spice flare, and floral hop.
Mouth Feel: (4.0)
- Medium bodied with a nice creamy feel. Certainly drying and chewy. Well carbonated and not so bubbly light. Certainly a good drinker.
- Solid hoppy and tasty brew. Not at all sweet like many others, but more dry, and drinkable. Certainly is one to try, and one I would buy again for sure.
B+ / 3.93
(BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale)
Posted by Brewmance at 2:31 PM