Friday, November 25
Beer Review: Odin Brewing Odin's Gift
"Odin's Gift formerly known as "Ruby Ale," is a filtered, ruby-colored ale brewed in small hand-crafted batches. Just the right amount of hops topped with juniper berries results in a bold yet well-balanced flavor and a wonderfully fresh aroma. This versatile ale pairs well with a wide variety of food.
Aroma- Fresh, malty, medium hoppy floral
Top Note- Caramel, malty
Middle Note- Juniper arrives with a slightly nutty tone
Finishing Note- Hops offer medium bitterness, clean juniper finish
Color- Deep clear red
Alcohol By Volume- 5.4% (final gravity 1.012)
Recommended Pairings-Lean meats, including game, pasta, fish and poultry"
- Nice rich dark copper color. Amber or red ale style characteristics. Ever so slightly cloudy. Nice bright off-white foamy head settled to a spotty chunky foam.. lace about the glass. Good looking beer.
- Very bready and roasty caramel malt. Sweet biscuit and grain. Husky. Light fruit, esters, yeasty character. Not so much in the hops department.. maybe an earthy touch.
- Wonderful grain, perfect sweetness, light juniper touch, esters, earthy grassy touch. Biscuit and bread, roasty caramel. Very well balanced and tasty. Taste outperforms the smell.
Mouth Feel: (4.5)
- This beer has almost the perfect feel to it. Perfect carbonation, light to medium body, and just the right cloying chewiness and drying qualities.
- A very solid, balanced, and well brewed beer. Not overly fruity by any means, and the great taste caught me a bit off guard. Very good beer and well worth the purchase.
A- / 4.18
(BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale)
Posted by Brewmance at 5:37 PM