Thursday, November 10
Beer Review: American Brewing Caboose Oatmeal Stout
Read a lot about the brewery, found some bottles.. loved the IPA.. here goes the stout.
- Super dark stout.. poured black. Like a quiet sleeper stout. Minimal light mocha colored head.. maybe a half a finger or more slowly hit, and went away. Little ring left, and some scattered dusting. Looks like a nice stout.
- Nice grainy smokey, and husky malts. Like chocolate, big smoke... and a grassy earthy hop flare that spices it up. Smell is super good. Semi-sweet oats and sugars.. but that isn't what stands out.
- Smooth sailing stout. This is very good. Perfect touch of a smoked roasted character that I find to be missing in many other standard stouts. Smoked malt, light chocolate, perfectly balanced with some good grainy malt sweetness. Bitter early boil grassy hops.. solid stout. I think I found a new favorite.
Mouth Feel: (4.5)
- This is almost the perfect stout. Or maybe it just is. Great medium bodied and slightly creamy brew.. not at all chalky like a find a lot of stouts. Certainly chewy though, and dry like it should be. If I wanted to brew my own perfect stout, I would be happy with the way this turned out.
- I think this is my favorite stout that I have ever had. I am going to be buying many more. This tastes really good.. is easy to drink, is just the right strength.. with not a touch of alcohol flavor to be noticed. A very good job with this beer. I recommend you all try this soon. Superior.
A+ / 4.58
(BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale)
Posted by Brewmance at 11:11 PM