Thursday, November 10
Beer Review: American Brewing Breakaway IPA
Was finally nice to spot some of this brewers beer here in Vancouver, WA at the QFC on 192nd. I spotted this beer, the Oatmeal Stout, and Golden Ale. Each cost $4.49 before tax which for me is just a bit steep.
- A murky amber yellow with big thick white head. Settles to a thin film which is spotty and lace about the glass. Certainly an unfiltered beer.
- Bready grainy malt, light caramel, and some good smelling hops. Little light citrus hop, zingy lemon zest.. little grassy and floral. Overall not bad.
- Solid hoppy brew. Big citrus hops, lovely earthy grains.. caramel, bready.. zesty bitter hops. Some of all the hop characteristics. Pine, citrus zest, and floral all packed into this brew. Tastes quite good.
Mouth Feel: (4.0)
- Somewhat of a light body.. easy to drink. Rather chewy as well and drying. Well carbonated. Almost seems a little too light.. but overall the chewiness takes hold.
- This is a very good tasting IPA. Big bitter hops, and wonderful hop flavors. It's odd though really.. the mouth feel doesn't seem to match the flavor etc. It certainly packs in the hops though and won't disappoint the hop heads out there like myself.
B+ / 3.88
(BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale)
Posted by Brewmance at 9:37 PM