Wednesday, October 26
Beer Review: Lagunitas Bavarian-Styled Doppel Weizen
"Our Own Bavarian-Style DoppelWeizen
A Brand-Spankin' New Beer Inspired by Rolec: The Builders of our New Brewing System. They Sent Us a Traditional Yeast Sent From Their Friends in Bavaria & We Way-Overfed It To Take It All Up A Bit!
- Nice zesty orange cloudy brew... finger and a half of foam settled to a very foamy thin blanket and lacing up and down the sides of the glass. Not as foamy as I would have expected it to be at the pour.
- Yep, Bavarian yeast. Common zesty bready sweet banana and clove-like aromas. Light brown sugar, slight roasty grain touch, and zesty sweet. Overall not so bad.
- Robust Bavarian brew here.. sweet sugary grain, biscuity, bready, and more sweet. Wheaty zesty and fruity brew with some grassy hops and an earthy flare. Big Bavarian banana yeast with hints of herbs, and clove. Brown sugary.
Mouth Feel: (3.5)
- Little syrupy and cloying. Little touch dry, and overall medium bodied. Well carbonated. Interesting brew indeed.
- Not a bad beer, but just a bit too sweet for my taste. It hits the style pretty well.. but is just too big of a hitter. Worth the try though, but may not buy another.
B- / 3.5
(BeerAdvocate.com Rating Scale)
Posted by Brewmance at 7:58 PM